Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A scouting ride

No, not Boy Scouts, but a ride to get a first hand look at a ride I'm organizing for Feb 8th in the Seattle area.  Specifically it starts in Redmond and rides a loop up toward Monroe and Snohomish.  I rode the vast majority of it last year on a Cascade Bicycle Club training ride, I felt pretty confident that my chosen 59 mile route would be safe to pedal. As I pedaled out I was surprised to find that my modifications were fine, but the existing route I borrowed as worse than I remembered.  There were many miles near on the way to Monroe that were narrow, poor sightlines, and very busy.  There was enough of that kind of road that I've decided to change it drastically.  Still 59 miles (just because it's my birthday ride) and will start and finish in the same location, since I've already got folks saying they are joining me. 

I got just over an extra mile because of a missed turn.

I wish I could say it was a good day on the bike, but the only thing good about it was that I managed to find it's limitations before getting a group out there.


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............60...........0................0............0.............60 Jan.................547..............0...............0.........0.............547 Total............547.............0...............0..........0..............547

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.