Friday, January 17, 2014

Almost a Birthday

Every year I invite a few friends to join me on a ride in miles that matches my age. It all started 9 years ago.  Early on, the ride was a milestone to achieve.  In recent years it wasn't even enough to get my attention causing a few of us to add miles by riding to the ride.  This year I find myself again just hoping to be able to keep up.

Today, as a confidence builder (and if I failed to complete it, only I would know!) I rode last year's Seattle version of my birthday ride. I added a 7 mile round trip commute to the route.


I wasn't very fast, but I did finish.  I at least won't embarrass myself too badly.  If you are reading this and haven't seen the event on facebook, and want to join me this year you are most welcome to ride along.  There are two versions, Hillsboro, OR on Feb 1, and Redmond, WA on Feb 8th.  Send me an email for more details.


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............65...........0................0............0.............65 Jan.................383..............0...............0.........0.............383 Total............383.............0...............0..........0..............383

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.