Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Alki Point Lightnouse

The sun was going to come out today in Seattle! Okay, that's what they said yesterday too, but today I waited until I saw the clouds part. ;-)

I took the fixie out again and avoided the dreaded Queen Ann hill by driving to Fred Meyer in Ballard.........my new favorite place to start.

Today I decided to ride a little bit different route. I rode back to Fremont then crossed the Fremont Bridge and turned west. I rode along the ship canal then turned toward Seattle's waterfront.


I played tourist and stopped at Ivars for a bowl of clam chowder.

I continued along through the tunnel construction and across the West Seattle low bridge. The bridge crosses the Duwamish River. I can't help but think about how we change our surroundings. It's hard to imagine what this industrial waterway might have looked like before "civilization" arrived. I suppose it still made out better than the Black River, which is now dry and replaced by an industrial park.


It was a beautiful afternoon for a ride. The views across Puget Sound were typical Seattle.


I rode along Alki Beach, a stretch that always reminds me of San Diego, except colder.
Today I rode out to the Alki Point Lighthouse. The public is only allowed on the property for tours on Summer weekend afternoons. Today wasn't close, so the best I could do was get a photo from over some rooftops on high ground.


I turned around and pedaled back. There were still come pretty nice views to be had.



I got back to Fred Meyer and loaded the bike. Just as I was pulling out across the Burke-Gilman I saw friend Arsen ride by. We chatted for a bit, then each went on our way.

It was a nice day, the best so far on this trip.


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............33...........0................0............0.............33 Jan.................283..............0...............0.........0.............283
Total............283.............0...............0..........0..............283

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.