Monday, January 6, 2014

Fixie Fun

I plan on riding my 10th one day STP this coming July, and am thinking that to mark the occasion I will do it on my fixie. It won't be easy. I'm not sure I can do it. I set out today for some fixie practice. I knew that I wouldn't be able to ride back up Queen Ann but that wasn't a deal breaker. I had some groceries to pick up, so I drove down the hill to Fred Meyer in Ballard, parked the pickup, and pedaled the fixie out to Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville. That's a nice 22 mile ride on the Burke-Gilman Trail. Following a little lunch there I pedaled back. Oh my, it was tougher than I expected it to be. The route is a rails to trails path (ie FLAT) but I was working hard to ride 16-17 mph. That won't do for finishing a 204 mile ride. I've got 6 months to improve, we shall see!

I loaded and locked my bike, wandered through the grocery aisles, then drove back up the hill. I beat the predicted rain.

A good day!


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............45...........0................0............0.............45 Jan.................116..............0...............0.........0.............116
Total............116.............0...............0..........0..............116

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.