Sunday, January 19, 2014

Football Game?

I'm not a football fan by any means, but even those of us blind to professional sports can't miss the buzz going on in the Puget Sound region.  Big blue "12" flags flying everywhere, several buildings with interior lighting arranged to show big "12"s, blue and green lighting everywhere.

That's all well and good, especially since that means the roads and trails are practically empty. :-)

Today 4 ladies and I  pedaled from Ron Regis Park in Renton to Black Diamond Bakery and back. Black Diamond Bakery may be noted for baked goods but I ordered 1lb of chocolate covered peanuts. (my mother would be proud of me) and also had a bowl of soup. Before leaving I took some time to adjust the front derailleur for one of the gals as she couldn't shift to her big ring.

We pedaled back mostly downhill.  It was a slow day, winter fitness was the issue for one, low mojo for another.

I was on my fixie today.  I figured with the hills it would be challenging, but that I should be able to keep up with the gals. I managed to make it up and down the 16% hill today, probably only because it was only a few hundred yards long.  The longer grades (about 4%) were ridable in my 42x18, with some effort.

I was pleased, but still don't know how I will fare with that long hill at mile 50 of the STP route.

Every mile helps.



41 miles
1533 feet gained
13,1 mph average
27.3 mph max
max cadence 142! (calculated)

..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............41...........0................0............0.............41 Jan.................424..............0...............0.........0.............424 Total............424.............0...............0..........0..............424

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.