Monday, January 13, 2014

Here comes the sun



I put a wireless speedometer/odometer on my fixie. I wanted to calibrate it against my Garmin to ensure the best accuracy. Today I decided that a spin on the Burke-Gilman trail in Seattle would be just the ticket to do that. I started in Ballard to avoid Queen Ann hill.

I rode out to Marymoor Park, a nice 28 mile trip. It was a bit windy, but did not rain.

I turned around and rode back to Ballard and as I did so the sky began to lighten up. By the time I got back, it was looking very nice indeed. I couldn't pass up the nice weather, so continued to Golden Gardens.

I dallied there for awhile, taking in the view, and visiting with folks walking by, who all seemed interested in my bike. They didn't know a thing about it's mechanics, they just liked the yellow and red tires! ;-)

Before too long the sun peeked out from behind the clearing clouds.


I was a bit worried about the impending darkness so pedaled away.
The sky continued to clear as I pedaled back.

I had one small issue. As I pedaled back toward Fred Meyer in Ballard I was on one section of street that had a rather deep seam that I had to cross. In a momentary lapse of attention I forgot that I was on my fixie. I was going to coast as I crossed the seam, only to have it practically throw me over the handlebars as the pedal pushed me up. In the process my foot caught the plastic chainguard and broke it off the bike.

I saved the hardware and may spend some time making a metal one.

It was a nice day for a ride.



..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............64...........0................0............0.............64 Jan.................194..............0...............0.........0.............194
Total............194.............0...............0..........0..............194

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.