Monday, November 12, 2012

tourist

I guess that's a fancy word for just riding around looking at things.

My mom was leading a group of seniors from Hillsboro on a field trip to see the King Tut exhibit in Seattle.
I'm still here three weeks into a little west coast adventure.
It all aligned into a perfect excuse to meet mom for lunch.
I rode down Queen Ann to Seattle Center and had lunch with mom.  :-)

I arrived a bit early, so I rode around Seattle Center a bit and around the neighboring streets too.

After lunch I rode down to the waterfront and made my way out to Alki, then turned around and rode random bike friendly streets northward.  I ended up at the Hiram  M Chittenden Locks. The larger lock was closed for it's annual maintenance.
Note the workers in the lower left.

I crossed the pedestrian way over the ship canal and worked my way along Shilshole Ave.  I was riding without a route on the gps and got a bit twisted. Luckily I soon saw the antennas on top of Queen Anne and kept making my way toward them.  Along the way I rode by a train that was carrying several small airliners.


 I have never seen trains carrying planes before.  I don't know if they were being shipped from, or being shipped back to Boeing, but suspect they might be heading for scrap/salvage?

I finally got on familiar ground and began following the Burke-Gilman trail, though farther west than I've been on it before. When I got to the Fremont Bridge I crossed back over the ship canal.  Instead of climbing the challenging 4th Street, I made my way to 3rd Ave W.  It provided a 10-12% climb up Queen Anne instead of the 24% of 4th Ave N.  I was trying to find the circuitous but scenic route that a few of us rode a month or so ago, but didn't quite do that right. No matter, it was still a good ride.

No rain, surprisingly.



   ............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today...........36..............0.............0..........0..............36  Jan.............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0...........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0..........1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0..........0............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0..........0............730 Oct............844.............0.............0..........0.............844
Nov............93..............0..............0..........0..............93
 YTD..........8594.........142...........20.........46............8753 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.