Saturday, November 24, 2012

How many miles would you ride for a donut?

 That's a question often asked. Today I did my part to answer that.

There was a ride starting from Renton that went to a bakery in Black Diamond. The ride started at 10, I had time to ride to the ride.

I started off down the Queen Anne hill at 8:30 AM and was pleased to have no rain.


I made my way across town on 2nd St, and felt a bit like a salmon. 





I understand that there was a 5k run happening.  I just stayed to the far right and made my way upstream. It wasn't too far before I was able to ride on the side of the road that was not set aside for the run.  I finally got through downtown and stopped for another photo as I crossed over the 12th Avenue bridge.


From then on I kept the pedals spinning so as not to be late. I arrived at Ron Regis Park, our meeting point, and 4 of us pedaled off.

After an enjoyable ride we arrived in Black Diamond, and area that gets it's name for the local coal deposits. I had worked up an appetite on the ride so wolfed down 7 cinnamon rolls and 2 glazed donuts.  That works out to about 5 miles per sweet thing.  About right!

We pedaled back the way we came.  I parted company with the others in Renton and continued on to Seattle.  The progress through downtown was a bit slow, but scenic. Holiday decorations were a happenin'.
The natural scenery was nice as well.


I finished off with a climb up Taylor, a good workout to wrap the ride with.

An excellent day on the bike!



............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today...........73..............0.............0..........0............73 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........676..............0..............0..........0.............676 YTD.........9187.........142...........20.........46............9395

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.