Thursday, November 22, 2012

Time

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Today I had a lot of time, just not when I needed it.  My friend and I were going to join some folks riding around Lake Sammamish.  The ride was listed for a 10AM start from Marymoor Park, finished in time for Thanksgiving festivities.  With a 10AM start, and just under 30 miles away I knew I had time to ride to the ride and get some bonus miles in.  My friend was not up for a fast dash early in the morning so she planned to drive to the start and meet me there.

I started at 8AM and  made my way off Queen Anne hill carefully, then got on the Burke-Gilman and pedaled hard. I reached the end of the B-G and continued the quick pace along the Sammamish River Trail.  I heard a text message come into my phone, but did not stop to pick the message up.  I needed to keep moving to arrive in time for the ride. (was shooting for 9:45AM) I rolled into Marymoor Park at 9:40, arrived on the far end meeting point at 9:47. As it ended up, the text message was telling me that the ride time had been moved up to 9:30AM.  The main group was gone, but three of us johnny-come-lately folks teamed up to ride together.  We rode around the lake following the planned route, just 15 minutes after the main group.

There wasn't a drop of rain today, and no wind to speak of.  A perfect day to ride.  The ride along the lake offered many nice photo options, but my camera was packed in a ziplock bag and buried in my pack.  I didn't want to delay the group by stopping to get all that out.

We finished up the lake loop and went for a tuna bagel.  Thanksgiving festivities are coming later this afternoon and with the slower lake loop I wasn't sure I could get back to Queen Anne via bike in time to get cleaned up. My pickup was sitting right there............  I loaded my bike up and we drove back.

No rain, a good ride.

............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today...........52..............0.............0..........0............52 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........583..............0..............0..........0.............583 YTD.........9094.........142...........20.........46...........9302

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.