Thursday, November 15, 2012

3 Strikes

 I had a few errands to run today, they could be done by bike, and the sun was shining.  I left the rain bike in the garage and took the carbon bike! My errands could be done rather closely to home base, but that wouldn't be as much fun.  I was looking for party supplies, so googled "party supplies" in Woodinville. I figured I'd get at least a nice 50+ mile ride out of it.  I mapped the three locations for party supplies that google supplied and took off.  There was some traces of morning fog as I took off, and a chill in the air.  That soon disappeared and left gorgeous blue skies.

I got to the first location and found nothing fitting the bill.  It seemed they no longer occupied the space in the little strip mall.  No problem, location number two was close by.  Alas, that location also had no such business.  I now pedaled toward location three.  I guess I should learn my lesson about mapping routes without looking at the elevation profile.   I Pedaled up a significant hill, only to find a neighborhood of palatial homes, and no party supplies.  Maybe they had good parties, but no supplies!


Having struck out on all three options, I headed back to downtown Woodinville on the verbal "there's got to be a party supply place in that mall".  Sure enough, despite google not knowing about it, there it was.  I picked up my supplies and continued on. In fairness to technology, this might have been user error.  The actual location was VERY close to the first location I rode to.

I followed a previous route to Issaquah, then over the I-90 Path across Mercer Island and toward Seattle.
Back on the mainland, I turned north toward UW and the familiar Burke-Gilman Trail.  I made my way back up Queen Anne and could not resist taking a photo of the view from there. Here looking E-NE







(Just a note for those not familiar with gpsies.com embedded maps, You can click "more" in the upper right corner and go to a fully functional map, in a separate tab, with varied views, ability to zoom, etc)

Once again, another good day on a bike!

............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today...........74..............0.............0..........0............74 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........330..............0..............0..........0.............330 YTD.........8841.........142...........20.........46...........9049

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.