Saturday, November 3, 2012

Staged

As the sun rose I found myself well on my way southward.

 I wasn't bringing my bike, but had a plan to take care of that.

I rented bikes for my friend and I online prior to arrival at Bay City Bikes.  The bike, while not quite what I would want for riding a long distance, would be serviceable for the planned sight seeing.

 It was described as:

"ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum. Advanced-Grade Composite fork, Alloy OverDrive Steerer. Shimano Tiagra, 10 speed shifters - Shimano Tiagra 12x30, 10-Speed cassete. FSA Omega, 34/50 crankset. FSA Omega, 34/50 Crankset.

Bikes comes with: cyclecomputer, extra tube, pump and choice of pedals."

The choices for pedals weren't going to work for me, so I arranged to have my pedals, and my friend's pedals installed on the rental bikes so that we could wear our bike shoes.

Upon arrival, I was surprised to see both bikes set up with Sora shifters rather than Tiagra.  Triple cranks instead of the FSA double, Sora deraileur, not Tiagra, and an aluminum fork instead of composite.

I commented to the counter help that they probably needed to update their descriptions on the website. He acknowledged that but did not offer a discount. I didn't press him for one as the bikes would work for our purpose, and they were very patient with our fussiness with saddle position.

The bikes will be adequate for the planned ride tomorrow.

Just a few miles back to the hotel.

   ............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today............3..............0.............0..........0...............3  Jan.............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0...........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0..........1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0..........0............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0..........0............730 Oct............844.............0.............0..........0.............844
Nov............20..............0..............0..........0..............20
 YTD..........8521.........142...........20.........46............8680 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.