Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Something new

Today Steve led the inaugural South Metro After Work Ride. It was designed as an interval training ride. It was also my first foray into this format.  He had said this should be a workout and to bring a heavier bike to increase the benefits, and he had specifically mentioned bringing a mountain bike.  So I did!

Steve and his wife Barb were on a tandem. I was able to keep pace with the tandem most of the time, even passed them a couple of times, but there was a brisk wind.  When pulling into the wind I just couldn't match the efficiencies of two people on a tandem. ...but I was close.  The others were quite a way back.

It was a good night to bike, and I was pleased with my performance.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.........0..............0.............20..........0............20
  Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010
 May............287..............0.............20..........0...........307  YTD........2640............142............20.........46.........2823

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.