Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I drove to my mom's home in Hillsboro, because it was Mother's Day and I had a hanging basket to deliver.  I just couldn't think of a good way to carry that on the bike for 35 miles!

Once I had the flowers delivered I unloaded the bike and started to pedal. I rode Evergreen back eastward to 185th, rode that to Old Cornelius Pass Rd, took that to Skyline then down Newberry to Hwy 30.  Once on Hwy 30 I rode to the Longview Bridge.  ...then turned around and rode back! Hwy 30 is the bane of many an ST rider, but though there was a reasonable amount of traffic, two lanes each direction plus a very ample shoulder made me feel quite safe.

The climb up Newberry Rd reached 19% for one brief stretch.  It was a WARM day, in the upper 80's, and I was feeling the heat as I climbed up that hill. Oh, and I had 100 miles on my legs when I was doing it too. I was not fast, was riding solo with no one to try to keep up with, and nobody to push me.  But I pedaled up to the top.  I was streaming sweat by the time I reached Skyline Blvd. I cooled down nicely on the descent back down to Hillsboro though.

It was a good day to bike.  I probably should have ridden more.........  but you know how it is.  :-O

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......121..............0..............0..........0...........121
  Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010
 May............544..............0.............20..........0...........564  YTD........2897............142............20.........46.........3080

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.