Thursday, May 24, 2012

2/3rds

that's how much of our Rocky Butte hill repeat ride was dry tonight.
It rained most of the day, even a thunderstorm mid afternoon, but it cleared up and dried out late in the day.  I still brought the raingear and rain bike.

As the 6PM start time arrived I was the only one of 5 expected to be there.  The road was dry and the hill was ready, up I went. Catherine had texted me saying she would be late, so I figured at least one person would join me.  

As I was on my third repeat she arrived.  We pedaled along enjoying the evening and chattering a bit. About 7PM the sky darkened and the wind picked up a bit.  We knew what that meant.  By 5 minutes after 7 it was pouring, and continued to do so for the remainder of our ride. We normally quit at 90 minutes, but Catherine wanted to atone for her tardiness, so we rode 15 minutes over.  I had raingear, but she didn't.  She said she was already wet, one more repeat wouldn't make her any more wet. ;-)

Given her cold wet state, we skipped the usual post ride carbohydrate replenishment.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........18..............0..............0..........0............18
   Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010
 May............794..............0.............20..........0...........814  YTD........3147............142............20.........46.........3330

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.