Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a fall back plan

As I was pulling into work headquarters today, already about 6 minutes "late" my work phone rings........3 more hours of work.  Ya, OT, but I had a Rocky Butte ride I was supposed to lead.  I made a few quick calls/text msgs to make sure I had a qualified ride leader to fill in for me.  :-(

After my work day finally ended I was looking for a fall back plan and decided that I had time for a short ride before it got too dark.  I took off on my winter "night loop", a route on well lit and mostly low traffic roads with wide shoulders, if not actual painted bike lanes.

I did take my light with me.  ;-)

....and yes, had three red blinkies on the back, a white blinky and my bright Stella 3 on front....as I finished up.

It was a good ride, nice weather.

Tomorrow is the Ride of Silence.  I'll be there. 

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........24..............0..............0..........0............24
   Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010
 May............609..............0.............20..........0...........629  YTD........2962............142............20.........46.........3145

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.