Thursday, April 29, 2010

so close but.................



Once again I find myself near the end of the month with 1000 miles for the month so close.........but with virtually no chance of reaching the milestone. My monthly mileage sat just over 900 miles as of last Sunday evening but my many other hats have gotten in the way and I'm probably not going to get time to get on the bike to ride those last few miles.

Last Saturday I dropped my carbon bike off at the bike shop to have them look into a creaking sound that seemed to be coming from the bottom bracket. It became noticeable a few weeks ago as I'd put more power on the pedals and had been getting progressively worse. Today in the late afternoon I picked it back up. They had taken the bottom bracket apart, cleaned, relubed, applied locktite, and retorqued. I couldn't help but take it out for a short test spin.

I rode a short and mostly flat 22 mile out in a westerly direction and back.
All seems well. We'll see if if it holds. I had the same issue about 7 months ago. The bike shop was on the verge of providing a new frame when they tried the locktite trick. It held for a few months. Hopefully this either holds or fails quickly. I'd really rather not have to use my steel bike as the primary ride on Race Across Oregon and the Furnace Creek 508.

....and so the month will likely end the same way last month did.........with my total sitting over 900 miles......but not to 1000



............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......22................0.............0..........22
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....3198...............0..............5.........3203

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.