Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A good ride

I joined a few members of my social bike group for a ride this evening. We started off about 5:45 PM and rode a spirited 31 miles with 1847 ft of climbing (according to my Garmin)


I had an average heart rate of 133! It amazes me that it is that fast considering my resting heart rate is in the low forties. I did record a max heart rate of 174 which is over my supposed maximum. Data aside, I had a great ride tonight. I was able to keep my buddies at bay without an extreme amount of effort. A few of those joining in the fun this evening are strong riders that normally give me a good run for my money on these shorter rides. It was nice to be able to see some progress. The 1 hr 58 minutes on the bike relates favorably to the time considered for my stages on RAO. The
~6000ft/100 miles rate of this ride is about 30% less than the average climbing in RAO, but is was good to know that I could put out reasonable effort for 2 hours in a hilly course. It's April, there is still time to build on this base and improve.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......31................0.............0..........31
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......431...............0..............0.........431
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2695...............0..............5.........2700

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.