Friday, April 16, 2010

bonus miles, bonus hills, bonus smiles!

I am a morning person, by the time early evening comes around my energy level begins to wane and my desire to do anything "real" disappears rather quickly. I really didn't feel like riding this evening but finally got on the bike at 6PM. I would have preferred to sit down with friends with a cold brew ......... but alas, I'm the DESERT COYOTE and I need to ride.

Once on the bike with a couple of miles behind me it began to feel right. I headed out on the same route I've ridden the last few evenings but with the sun shining and the temperatures quite comfortable I modified the course and took in a few additional miles and a bit more climbing.

(both loops clockwise)

Tonight I extended the ride into West Linn then tackled a climb of Pete's Mountain from "the hard side". I needed to do that because Dave rode 101 miles today and I was unable to join him. My Race Across Oregon partner is riding 100 miles on Sunday.
My social bike club has THREE rides scheduled tomorrow. Seems that everyone is logging more miles than me! :-(

I will be leading a 70 mile ride on the Oregon Coast on Sunday and will commute by bike to a meeting that I have in Salem tomorrow but all in all I'm not getting as many miles logged as I'd like to be getting.

I ended up with 22 miles and 2346 ft of climbing tonight according to my Garmin 305.




............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......22................0.............0..........22
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......470...............0..............0.........470
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2734...............0..............5.........2739

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.