Thursday, April 22, 2010

short test ride

I was signed up to ride in the Helvetia area with my social bike group this evening but ended up having to work late so missed the ride. :-(

I had hoped to jump on the bike and at least get my 25 mile hilly local ride in but forgot that I had changed some things so my RAO partner could ride my bike yesterday while her's was in the shop. I spent some time cleaning the chain and sprockets, readjusting the seat height, putting the seat post reflector back on, and sliding the rear light back down the seat post. Tim has a Garmin 305 also and I noted that his rear sensor was on differently than mine. His cadence reads properly, mine doesn't. I turned my sensor around (ahem, ME put something on backwards? !!!) I needed to take it out for a test ride to see if I had everything adjusted properly.

I went out for a short test ride with blue jeans and tennis shoes. :-O

I rode 3 miles, 16.3 mph average........and a 91 avg cadence. Looks like the fix worked.

Tomorrow may be a late work day also. It would also be the night before an 80 mile day, to be followed by a 133 mile day on Sunday. I really should have done more tonight........ but alas.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........3................0.............0...........3
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......701...............0..............0.........701
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2965...............0..............5.........2970

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.