Thursday, April 8, 2010

short on time

After getting my lock off the bike, (and exchanged for a new lock...thanks REI!) I got on the bike this evening for a short ride. I rode a route that the social bike group has cycled frequently. With a climb up Logie Trail it gives some good climbing in it's short distance. About the best I could hope for given the time constraints today.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......27................0.............0..........27
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......164...............0..............0.........163
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2428...............0..............5.........2433

2 comments:

  1. inquiring minds want to know: how DID you finally remove the lock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken, I thought a bit before answering this. I'd hate to give any "bad guys" who might be reading this blog any tips on how to defeat a lock. I finally decided that the "bad guys" already know how.

    I used a 5" grinder with a cut off wheel. It still took a good deal of time. That lock is made of TOUGH STUFF!

    I think that if some nefarious bike thief was using that tool with it's resulting noise and copious sparks that someone would get suspicious and chase him off.

    Hoping so anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.