Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flying Aqurarians are out in force!




The Flying Aquarians were on the road tonight. The entire team (cyclists and crew) went for a ride in Portland's West Hills tonight. It seems that perhaps we've got our team roles in the wrong order. Crew member Tim and crew chief Dave were strong on the climb up through Washington Park tonight. Lauren was on an ill fitting loaner bike since her Fuji has a broken shifter. I had no excuse other than I'm getting old! In all honesty, I am a little concerned. When I'm pushing hard my limiting factor seems to be my ability to breathe enough air. I've never had that problem before. Are my legs stronger this year? Is my lung capacity decreasing? I didn't have my heart rate monitor on tonight but on other rides when I'm breathing that hard my heart rate is above 170. Like I said, maybe I'm just getting old!

Here's the course we rode:


I missed a turn onto Cornell and got a little bonus climbing and an additional 2 miles before rejoining the others. I was the only rider without GPS tonight so I can only report that my teammates climbed 2295 feet.

It was a good ride. I wish I could get them to join me on the Pete's Mountain ride that I did several times last week but three of them work very near where we started this evening and I get off work earlier in the day than they do so I have time to travel to the start.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......27................0.............0..........27
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......698...............0..............0.........698
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2962...............0..............5.........2967

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.