Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How good is an OnGuard "Bulldog" U lock?

Pretty good I guess, unless you are trying to get it off your bike when it decides not to unlock. I rushed out tonight trying to beat darkness and got a quick 38 miles with 3897 ft of climbing. When I locked my bike in the back of my pickup the lock acted a bit "funny". Not so funny really, now it won't unlock. I've oiled, hammered, jacked, drilled, sawed, and tried a bolt cutter, and haven't hardly made a scratch on it. I'm not yet ready to try an acetylene cutting torch that close to a carbon bike. I do have a few other tricks to try but won't get to that until tomorrow evening. :-(

Tonight I ended up unlocking the bike rack and taking the bike and rack out as a unit just so it doesn't sit out all day tomorrow unattended. While I may have trouble defeating the lock I'm sure "the bad guys" wouldn't have too much trouble. Seems they probably have more practice.

So how good is a OnGuard U lock? Pretty darn good.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......38................0.............0..........38
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......137...............0..............0.........137
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2401...............0..............5.........2406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.