Saturday, May 1, 2010

another month begins

32 people from my social bike group made the trip across the Columbia River today to join a large group who rode the "Ride Around Clark County" (RACC)

My Race Across Oregon partner, Lauren, and I were among them, as well as Dave who is our crew chief. The route has nearly 6000 ft of climbing. Lauren and I have been riding some challenging rides and this was just another Saturday on a bike for us, but we saw a lot of people struggling with the hills. We had rain for 2+ hours too and that took a bit of the fun out of it.

This was my first time riding RACC and I did think the course, especially along the Lewis River, was quite scenic. At the last food stop we had 24 miles left to go. Lauren, Dave, and I put the bikes on the road and put the pedals to spinning. I passed 43 riders in the last 24 miles, and was passed by no one.

I felt strong today and rode well. Lauren has improved greatly in the last month also. Several folks who know her and have ridden with her before commented to me that they notice how much faster and stronger she is now. :-)

....nobody told me that I was any faster or stronger! ;-)

I finished up with a 16.4 mph average.

When we rolled into the parking lot at Clark County Community College we were about a mile short of our 100 miles so we road a few laps of the lot. We are all picky about actually riding the miles we are aiming for, even if it happens to be parking lot miles!

I ended up with 100.1 miles according to my GPS.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today......100................0.............0.........100
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........100...............0..............0.........100
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....3298...............0..............5.........3303

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.