Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a hankering for Mexican food

I figured I had two choices, either ride to Cornelius or Woodburn. Both are communities with a high percentage of Latinos and if one is to find good Mexican food either is probably a good place to start the search. I chose Woodburn because 1) it was closer 2) the roads were more conducive to cycling this time of day

I rode from Wilsonville and crossed the Boone Bridge (I-5) and with the slight downslope held it at 30+ all the way across the river. I made the turn and headed through Aurora then Hubbard, then Woodburn. I did indeed find Mexican food and stopped for food and drink. I returned via Aurora-Lone Elder-Barlow-Canby and the Canby Ferry.

A mostly flat route except for the last 5 miles or so which included a climb from the Canby Ferry and the big rollers on Advance Rd. There was fresh (read buttery smooth) pavement on 99E so it was easy keeping a quick pace tonight. I managed a 18.1 average for the 38 mile ride.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......38................0.............0..........38
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........459...............0..............0.........459
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....3657...............0..............5.........3662

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.