Sunday, May 9, 2010

miles

Miles, that's what today was, just miles. I wasn't tired so it couldn't be billed as a "recovery ride". The weather was beautiful and it was a perfect day to ride but my pickup needed attention.........as in it won't run right now. I was hoping a new fuel pump would cure the problem so I figured I could get in a ride this morning and still get the pickup running. I took off at 7:30 but just couldn't get my legs moving. Too many things on my mind? Not enough food after yesterday's effort? Regardless, I decided that just a leisurely ride around the country on a beautiful morning had merit so that's what I did. I just tootled around at 14-15 mph with no particular destination in mind. Just miles. I saw such towns as Aurora, Canby, Marquam, Needy, Monitor, Silverton, Mt Angel, and Gervais. At Silverton I stopped at, of all places, McDonalds and had a Big Mac lunch! That gives you an indication on just how hard I was riding. I don't normally eat heavy meals of "real food" when I'm riding. It just sits to heavily for me. Today it was not an issue! I did sit around Silverton for awhile to let all that stuff settle down a bit. I eventually got back on the bike and made my way northward. I picked up the pace just a bit so that I would make it back in time to pick up a fuel pump.

As I crossed the Pudding River between Mt Angel and Gervais I came across this:


Couldn't help thinking of the old nursery rhyme "Three Billy Goats Gruff" and wondering where the trolls are supposed to live now!

I managed to get 86 miles, not the century I was shooting for, but enough to salvage the 6th 200+ mile weekend in a row.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......86................0.............0..........86
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........407...............0..............0.........407
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....3605...............0..............5.........3610

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.