Saturday, May 22, 2010

the string breaks

No, not a chain, or shoe lace, but my string of consecutive 200 mile weekends. Looks like it comes to an end at 7 weeks in a row. I came down with a bit of a cold a couple of days ago, the weather has been wet and blustery, and I've been working long hours. To seal my fate a member of my FC 508 crew talked me into joining him in racing the Oregon Championship Team Time Trials tomorrow. 28 miles (4 laps) in just about smack dab in the middle of the riding day. Oh well, it should be fun, and I was told to view it as "cross training"

My team and I went down to the course tonight to pre-ride it and get to know each other a bit. I only knew John Henry, the other two were complete strangers to me.
I have my carbon bike all cleaned up,chain lubed, badazz wheels installed, brake pads changed to something compatible, and it's all ready to go. Didn't want to take it down on the likely wet roads tonight for the training ride so I brought the steel bike with fenders! Figured if I was going to be slowed by a cold I might as well add to the pain by riding a heavier bike.

I didn't need to worry quite so much. I managed to hold my own, surprisingly.
We rode two laps of the 7 mile course before calling it a night.

Tomorrow this aspiring ultra cyclist will do his best to be a sprinter for a day!

Around noon today the Flying Aquarian Crew Chief shamed me into joining him for a short ride. I just didn't feel up to riding but glad he got me out there. It went better than I expected. We rode a little 20 mile ride over Ladd Hill. Not major miles but we both had late afternoon plans and needed to keep it short.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......34................0.............0..........34
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........703...............0..............0.........703
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....3901...............0..............5.........3906

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.