Sunday, March 9, 2008

Social biking

I belong to the Beaverton/Tigard Bike Meetup group. It's pretty much a social group that happens to ride bikes a few miles from time to time. 8 of us met today at Gladstone High School for a planned 14 mile ride. To start things off one of the riders had some issues with one of his cleats. After a bit of futzing with it....
we were ready to roll.



We rode to a Starbucks somewhere closer to Portland, the planned turnaround,
but we all wanted more miles so we continued along the Springwater Trail to OMSI. (except for Jeri who had previous plans and needed to get back, we bid her farewell and continued on)


We turned around at OMSI and made our way back to Gladstone. Along the return route we had some hills, both up and down that we didn't see on the trip out. As we crested one of the hills and looked down a long descent Shawn pulled to the right and said what I thought was "go around, I'll keep up with you" .....okay, competitive spirit? See what you're made of? Who knows, but I smiled, shifted into my BIG chainring and pedaled! I maxed out at just over 42 mph and slowed down to about 27 as I went up the next incline. He became smaller and smaller in my mirror until I didn't see him at all. :-O

I got back to Gladstone HS a bit ahead of the rest of the group (part of that "I'll keep up with you thing!) so I rode around an extended block a couple of times. I ended up with 27 miles today.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........27.................0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=..........605
YTD............724.....+........622....=........1346

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.