Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another snowy morning!


Well sort of. I was scheduled to meet a group of folks and ride about 30 miles this morning. As I pulled into the meeting location at 9AM my pickup told me it was 34 degrees. I could see the snowflakes falling. Sometimes more rain, sometimes more snow, but definitely snow. (if you look carefully you can see the flakes against the tree)


At a half hour after our scheduled meeting time I was still the only one there. Hmm....didn't look good. I decided to bag it and headed towards home. I didn't make it far before that little voice in my head started trying to shame me into riding. "You are already here" it implored. "You have your bike along" it continued. "You've got appropriate clothing for the weather" it said, putting the pressure on me.
I hate it when that little voice does that to me. I pulled into the Groner School parking lot, pulled my bike shoes, jacket, and helmet out of my bike bag........and packed my "bike pansy" feelings back into the bag.

It was a bit chilly as I prepared to ride but once on the road was not as bad as I expected. I made a 25 mile loop.
Parts of the route were not the best for riding, non-existent shoulders, busier than I prefer..... but all in all a good ride. The sun poked out a few times and when it shined on the snowy hills around it was beautiful. No snow on the ground in the valley but it didn't take much elevation at all to be white.



When I got back to the computer I see that an email came in from the organizer canceling the ride because of weather 3 minutes after I posted my "I'll be there" this morning and logged off.

They missed a "ducky day" :-)


I ride again tomorrow with a group of serious riders. Triathletes, iron man competitors, bike racers. ........and me.

I won't be the only one on that ride...... but I may be the only one bringing up the rear of the pack!


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........25................0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=..........605
YTD...........1069.....+........663....=........1732

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.