Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back on the saddle

I got my road bike back from my LBS yesterday, but morning showers and afternoon meetings kept me off the bike. Well, truth be told, a wave of "bike pansy" was thrown in there too. I was in Hillsboro last evening about 8:30PM and could have ridden around a bit on those nice wide well lit shoulders of buttery smooth Evergreen Rd ..... but didn't.

Today I did a bit better. I still had trouble getting motivated but once on the bike managed to get 30 miles in. I feel I should be doing more but when compared to last year I suppose I shouldn't complain, and it IS early in the season.

It was in the mid 50's today but dark clouds looked ominous and there was a south breeze blowing. "In these here parts" those are pretty good indications of impending rain. I did however continue my streak of not getting rained on while on the bike.

A little video from the handlebar cam taken on the eastbound ride along Cornell Rd coming up on Brookwood....along with all the road vibration sounds! :-(



If you are in the Washington County area this weekend and want to join a few of us on a ride be at McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove ready to ride at 9:30AM on Saturday. We are doing an easy ride out and around Hagg Lake. That will be 27 miles with about 800 ft elevation gain. I'll do my best to keep the level ground pace at or below 15 mph. I plan on regrouping from time to time.

If your up for more than that, the same ride at the same time on Sunday, but be able to hold 17-18 mph on the flats. Far fewer regroups. There is also an option on Sunday of beginning the ride at McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse at 8AM. From there we will ride to Grand Lodge with plenty of time to meet the others. That option will add 26 miles to the ride for around 53 miles total.

Oh, and this is worth sharing with your non-cycling friends.

Awareness Test

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........30.................0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=..........605
YTD............769.....+........622....=........1391

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.