Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I will buy you that big house way up in the West HILLS"

Or so the Portland band "Everclear" sang on a popular song a few years ago. I rode past quite a few homes today that would qualify. Some even had "for sale" signs in the yard, but you know if you have to ask..........

Another beautiful ride today. I started out once again with no particular destination or route in mind. I was feeling just strong enough today that when I had a choice of going up or down at an intersection I took the "up". Well, when you keep going up from this side of town you usually end up here:


One thing to remember about the West Hills of Portland....... there are hills! With road names like Vista, Ridgeview, Canyon, Scenic, Alpine, Timberline, and Panorama it isn't hard to imagine what the topography is like!

As I kept climbing past the expansive homes and spectacular views I couldn't help but have that Everclear song "I Will Buy You a New Life" in my head. If Art Alexakis still wants to buy that big house, send him my email address. ;-)

It was a good ride.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........36....................0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=..........605
YTD............635.....+........622....=........1257

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.