Sunday, April 29, 2012

Just out looking for miles

I loaded my bike this morning and drove across the Boone Bridge, because as much as I dislike riding southbound on I-5 across that bridge, I will not ride northbound.  I just don't have a death wish. I unloaded the bike and pedaled south in search of 146 miles and my first 1000 mile month of the year.  I stayed on the east side of I-5 all the way to Albany, avoiding the thousands of riders participating in the Monster Cookie  ride.

It was a nice day for a ride.  It was cloudy and cooler to start, just perfect for the hills I was climbing early in today's ride. By late morning the sun was out and the temperature got in the mid 60's.

I rode many of today's miles on the Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway. I am leading a ride for my social bike club in June that will traverse the entire 150+ mile length of it on a Saturday, followed by a return 150+ miles back on Sunday, so it was nice to get some miles on it again today.

I did pick up a bit of a tailwind late in the day as I pedaled northward, always a welcome way to end a long ride.

I found  my 146 miles, plus 10 additional, by the end of the day. My first 1000 mile month of the year.  It was about time!



.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......156..............0.............0..........0..........156
  Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 YTD........2352............142.............0.........46.........2516

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.