Thursday, April 26, 2012

It is Thursday

 And time once again for Rocky Butte hill repeats.

The weather deteriorated as the day went on.  By late afternoon there were hard showers of rain and hail scattered around.  I took a look at the skies and decided to take the rain bike.

I had a few people cancel but was surprised to find 5 others show up, with only 2 no shows.   The roads were dry as we started up the hill, and remained so for the first hour, then we got some rain.  Not the torrential downpour I was expecting, but rain none the less. 

I was spared the last climb when I (and my floor pump and a tube) was called into service to help Monica change a flat.

Following the ride we paused for a photo before retiring for carbohydrates.  Oscar had already left by the time we decided to take a photo.
L to R, Kay, me, Monica, Catherine, and Jon (photo credit to Jon)
We decided on a post ride debriefing at an establishment that was a couple of miles away.  It was raining lightly.  Catherine commutes everywhere by bike and shamed me into pedaling along with her and leaving my pickup at Rocky Butte.  Following our little celebration Catherine had a take home box to carry, so Kay offered to give her a ride home. Monica had been riding with Kay since she did not have lights. The easiest way to get everybody where they need to be seemed to be that I accompany Monica on her ride back home since I had lights enough for both of us.  I got Monica back to her house then turned back around and pedaled back to Rocky Butte. So the evening ended with 5 repeats and a few miles of puttering around Portland in the dark.

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........21..............0.............0..........0...........21
  Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April..........800..............0.............0..........0..........800 YTD........2053............142.............0.........46.........2250

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.