Tuesday, April 17, 2012

deja vu

Tonight was the beginning of another season of Rocky Butte hill repeats for my social bike club. I just about didn't lead this again this year because I remember all too well the 100 miles a week I drive to lead it, and half of that through rush hour traffic. It didn't take long tonight for me to get that feeling of being here before. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to commute the 25 miles to the ride. Yes, it would be quicker to bike there, if there were a good way to bike there. Last year I'd often drive as far as Oaks Park then cycle the last 10 miles. Tonight as I neared Oaks Park it was raining and since I wasn't prepared for rain I just drove the rest of the way.

I had 16 people signed up to ride, par for the course when it comes to the social bike club, about half showed up.


Two more showed up after we started, both had experienced issues. Josh pedaled in from Vancouver and had three flats along the way. When he showed up I helped him fix his third flat, and provided him with my floor pump. I had two repeats before helping with the flat, and two after. Not the workout I was hoping for, but enough for the first night.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Thursday's commute there doesn't take as long.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........12..............0.............0..........0...........12
Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536
March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
April.......561..............0.............0..........0..........551
YTD........1803............142.............0.........46.........1991

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.