Thursday, April 12, 2012

Disturbed

I've been feeling a bit of a disturbance in the forces of life around me today..... oh well. Things are looking up however. A pretty girl invited me to go ride a few Rocky Butte hill repeats later this afternoon. (she's taken, but she's still pretty, and I do like riding with her.) I'm off work already so will have time to get about 15 miles of commute by bike in.

In the meantime I ran across a new Danny Macaskill clip that I'll share with you for your viewing enjoyment. That guy is amazing!


Evening update:

I got a bit late so had to ride hard to make it to our meeting location. I began the ride at Oaks Park and rode the Springwater Trail and I-205 bike path, at over 20 mph! I finally arrived and my friend and I rode 5 Rocky Butte hill repeats. I rode the hill repeats at a social pace, visiting comfortably. On our last repeat I challenged her to a sprint to a yellow traffic warning sign about 50 yds distant up the hill. By golly, she still had some snap in her legs. The race was on! ;-)

We were under partly cloudy skies, but to the west the sky was BLACK! It looked like there might have been a thunderstorm brewing. I tried to take a photo, the contrast between the black sky and the sun illuminated radio tower was photogenic, but my camera was compensating for the light conditions. I should have played a bit more with settings, but we were riding bike, and my partner was leaving me behind as I futzed around.

As it ended up, there were thunderstorms playing around to the west. We were lucky in that we didn't have so much as a drop of rain.

Following the hill repeats I accompanied her on the ride back to her house, it was in a direction that worked for me. Once back at her house she went in to prepare dinner, I mounted lights and pedaled south.

I rode back through east Portland via bike boulevards and residential side streets. I hit the Springwater Trail at about 33rd Avenue and followed it back to Oaks Park. I finished up near 8PM, still plenty light.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........40..............0.............0..........0...........40
Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536
March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
April.......365..............0.............0..........0..........365
YTD........1607............142.............0.........46.........1795

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.