Tuesday, April 24, 2012

luck

With the summer like weather earlier in the week I had 16 people express interest in joining tonight's Rocky Butte hill repeats ride.  Today started out with just a few light clouds around, but as the day progressed the clouds increased, and the number of expected riders decreased.  As I was commuting to Rocky Butte there were hard rain showers going around the area, and the list of riders was down to 12.  I was wishing I had brought my rain bike as I saw Rocky Butte enveloped in dark clouds.

When I got there I was surprised to find the roads dry.

As the 6PM start time neared there was just one other rider and myself there. However, within minutes of the start another 3 showed up.  We pedaled up the hill.  By the time we were descending another two had joined in.

It ended up being a great night to ride.  It was cool, perfect for climbing, and we had dry roads the entire night. The dark clouds and showers dodged us.  The view from the top of Rocky Butte was awesome tonight.  The dark rain cloud cells interspersed with sunny breaks made for some pretty scenic views. I didn' t bring my camera however since I expected rain.  I guess you just should have been there.  ;-)

 .........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........21..............0.............0..........0...........21
  Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22..........831
 April..........779..............0.............0..........0..........779 YTD........2032............142.............0.........46.........2219

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.