Monday, August 31, 2009

month end

I drove to Eugene today to pick up a pair of Zipp 404's for my FC 508 "climbing bike", thus shaving off a few more grams. By the time I got that done, and a visit to a bike shop for new tires to mount up most of my day was shot. However with the 1600 monthly mileage milestone looming close I did have some added impetus to ride.

I drove to the 24 Hour Fitness near Scholls Ferry Rd and Murray late in the afternoon and unloaded the bike. I headed out on a ride to Hagg Lake knowing it would give me the miles necessary as well as have me on less busy roads if I were to lose light before getting back.

I rode quickly, the light held, and I achieved my goal. Amazing to me really, since I WASTED a week in Southern California and didn't have my bike with me. 1600 miles in 3 weeks is a lot of riding........to me at least. But then again I'm signed up to ride 509 in less than 48 hours in just a few weeks!

And the best thing about starting where I did? I'm a member of 24 Hr Fitness, and when I finished they had a hot tub all ready for me to soak in!

1 month to go......ride, Ride, RIDE!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............69...............0.................69
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1603.....+.........0........=......1603
Year to date...7193.....+.........30.......=......7213
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.