Friday, August 28, 2009

Timing is everything

My mind just was not into riding today, but the body said it needed to ride. I hopped on the bike and started pedaling........albeit without much "push" Even at my slow pace it didn't take long for me to get enough miles to set a new one month record for me. Somewhat surprising really, since I spent a week off the bike while in Southern California. Of all things, I was on a bike path when I reached this milestone.

It was here, about half way between the Butteville Store and the Champoeg Park Visitor Center, where my odometer said I had set a new mileage record for me.

I continued along the Willamette River until I reached Hwy 219 then turned towards Newberg. I stopped for a fast food fix in Newberg then rode back down stream along Wilsonville Rd. Once back in Wilsonville I again crossed the Boone Bridge and followed the same route that Dave, Art, and I rode yesterday.

Here's my route.

The sky kept darkening as the day progressed and it increasingly "felt like" rain was impending. Within 30 minutes of garaging the bike it was indeed raining.

Good ride, good timing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............77...............0.................77
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1389.....+.........0........=......1389
Year to date...6979.....+.........30.......=......7009
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.