Tuesday, August 25, 2009

short and fast

I was in need of a slow day. It was cool this morning and drippy from time to time. I just couldn't get motivated. I had an afternoon appointment to attend to. My local bike shop invites folks to ride on Tuesday evenings and I finally got in gear and rode with them tonight. I know those folks to be much faster riders than I am and tonight was no different. We left the shop on the Hillside Route a nice little 21 mile route with just under 700 ft of climbing. We started off into a moderate wind and held a 22 mph pace for the first 5 miles or so, then bumped it up to the mid 20's. I have no pride, and fell off the back. As I watched them pedal off I toggled through my speedo's functions and noted that I had a 23 mph average for the first 10 miles. I keep telling my social bike group that I don't have to go far to find stronger and or faster riders. Tonight was a prime example!

The rabbits stopped about half way through and waited for the 4 of us who dropped to catch up. From there on I did a bit better. We had rollers and I could hold up pretty well in those compared to the others. By the time we got back to Forest Grove I was 2nd to the finish line. That darn Mike got the jump on me at the last light! :-)

After the ride we visited a bit at the store and ogled the new Kestral bikes. drool...drool

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............21...............0.................21
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1204.....+.........0........=......1204
Year to date...6794.....+.........30.......=......6824
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.