Friday, August 7, 2009

back on the bike

With the cooler weather I should have been riding like crazy, instead I was in sort of a mental funk. Just couldn't get myself on the bike.

Today I drove over to Sisters in anticipation of a ride I lead for my social bike group tomorrow (that no one else signed up for!). It was 47 and raining lightly as drove over Santiam Pass. 69 and mostly sunny in Sisters!

Good enough reason to remember the cold wet days of winter when the recent temps would look down right balmy.

I hopped on the bike late this afternoon and rode from Sisters to Three Creeks Lake and back. Some decent climbing, and some pretty rough pavement. I guess you'd have to say it would be good training for the Furnace Creek 508!

Tomorrow morning I ride the same leg again, as well as an out and back to McKenzie Pass Summit.

Today's route

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............33...............0.................33
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total....273.....+.........0........=.......273
Year to date...5863.....+.........30.......=......5893
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.