Monday, May 18, 2009

time keeps on slipin' slipin' slipin' into the future



I'm pretty sure Steve Miller wasn't thinking about bikes when he was singing that but I was. I kept one eye on the clock as I was working feverishly on a bike safety presentation with a hard deadline looming. I spent 11 hours re-imbedding video into my 90 minute bike safety powerpoint presentation. While I had a backup of the actual presentation I didn't have a copy of the underlying video so when the laptop was stolen the video was gone too. Over the weekend a few of us went out and re-shot the video on a new digital video camera. Unfortunately my new Vista 64 bit computer would not even recognize the MP4 files as video. I spent hours trying to find a program that would run on my computer (no easy task) that would convert the MP4 files to something usable for me.
I ended up getting Pinnacle Studio v12. A 32 bit application but it will run on my 64 bit OS. Once I found that key the rest of it fell into place. I am pretty sure I can get through the presentation tomorrow as scheduled. If you've got the time come on out to Hillsboro tomorrow and cheer me on. ;-)

Between now and then I have plenty of things going to keep me busy. I'll be making a little trip to help a friend with a remodeling project so I need to gather a whole bunch of tools as well as make a few arrangements for mail pickup, etc. I am bringing my bike with me so expect to see continued posting here as to my biking exploits. Right after the bike safety presentation I'm making the 1000 mile road trip. Good thing I like road trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.