Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rode a bit today

My tour guide and I were out a bit late last night and she had to work later today so she bagged the opportunity to ride this morning, but I ventured out. I was to join a guy in Carmel Valley, about 16 miles from here to ride out to Hodges Lake. Being an official Oregon Randonneur (and in training for Furnace Creek 508!) I felt pressure to add more miles by riding to the ride. I did so, taking a few hills in the process. After our 40 mile ride out and around Hodges Lake I was again solo and took a little jaunt up Hwy 101 along the coast to Carlsbad and back. I ended up with 108 miles with 9156 of climbing. A good ride, the best one here so far. As seems to be the case here, I am short on time and will post photos and maps at a later date.

Update:

Drat. I can't link the map easily because the site I upload my gps data to won't let you see my route and info until I make it "public" and I don't have time to load all the photos and features and place them on the map right now. Since that site is related to some work I do for a cycling magazine I don't want the rides "live" until I've got them polished up a bit. I tried to map them manually on mapmyride.com but it won't follow the bike path we rode for several miles in Carmel Valley. To top it off, I forgot my xD card for the camera so all the photos are stored in the camera's internal memory and I haven't figured out how to download them yet.

So, back to square one,.......check back later for all the bells and whistles.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........108...............0................108
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......748.....+.........0........=.......748
Year to date...3548.....+.........30.......=......3578
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.