Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just another sunny day on a bike

Today I joined my social bike group on a ride of Sauvie Island. We did the normal 12 mile loop and both beach out and backs bringing the island total to 37. I added to that with a ride up Newberry Rd to Skyline then over to Rocky Point Rd and back down to Hwy 30 then a quick 6 mile return to the island.

The ride of the island was slow for me......a type A thing. I was frustrated with the late start, the slow pace, the failure to just practice basic politeness as it pertains to motor vehicles. Once out on my own I settled down. ;-)









Evening update:

Dave, his wife (my sister) Bev, and I went for a short ride tonight to visit their son who works at Baskin Robbins. As I went to grab my bike I had a flat tire! A big ugly 1/2" cut in the sidewall. I grabbed my old Nashiki 10 spd, that now finds it's home with my nephew. It was almost fun to be back on the old bike......after I quit trying to shift via moving the brake levers to the side! LOL!

We had a fun 5 mile ride!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............71...............0.................71
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......425.....+.........0........=.......425
Year to date...3225.....+.........30.......=......3255
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.