Sunday, May 31, 2009

Elvi?

Elvis was one of a kind, but today I saw multiple Elvises......would that be Elvi?

My San Diego tour guide was on the water this morning, I was on the bike. Yesterday's project stretched much longer than anticipated and we did not get our afternoon ride in, it was nice to be back spinning pedals this morning.

The weather is still grey, but the roads were dry and I took off for Mission Gorge. Within blocks I found myself on the "Rock and Roll Marathon" route. At first it was interesting.

They certainly know how to put fun in their running events. There were even live bands scattered around.

Before long I began to see runners. Cool!

Then more runners.

End then the Elvi!

All of this running stuff was getting in the way of my cycling but I didn't know the area well enough to take an alternate route.
After several miles of "playing pedestrian" through the crowds of spectators I managed to break into the open. I rode up towards Mission Canyon. When I got to Mission Trails Regional Park I turned in and took a brief look around.

It was getting time to head back and I had thought I only needed 31 miles to reach that magic "900" miles for the month so I turned back and made my way through the straggler marathoners. I ended back with my 31 miles alright, but as I log on here I see that I really needed 38, so I'll get back out sometime today for at least another 7 miles. It was a good ride today, just a few light sprinkles from time to time.

Evening update:

I finished up today's project a little later than expected but did manage to have just enough time to get in a few bonus miles. My San Diego tour guide finished up a few details while I changed into bike clothes and pedaled off in search of 7 miles. I rode a very fast (for me) run out to the Fiesta Island entrance and back. Averaged right at 20 mph for 8 miles.

The best part?

My San Diego tour guide had a very nice dinner prepared when I returned!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............39...............0.................39
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
Year to date...3702.....+.........30.......=......3732
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.