Thursday, April 23, 2009

A good ride with a not so good ending

Luis, Carol, and I rode out from Cornelius Pass Roadhouse just after 6 PM tonight in quest of a decent workout. We chose to ride out to the Helvetia area and included a ride up Logie Trail Rd. We ended up with 1700 ft of climbing with our 24 miles. I felt strong this evening, able to pretty much ride at will. Had some pretty decent photos of the ride, but alas they are gone now. (NOT having a good day!)

When we finished the ride near 8PM we found two windows broken out of my pickup. I had my laptop along so I could log the ride when we had our post ride snacks but it was obscured from view under a coat and street clothes. No matter, the perpetrators found it. From what I've been able to determine this morning so far is that the laptop is gone ...and the last year's worth of photos/video that I hadn't burned to DVD yet :-(. I also am budget officer for our local fire district, my budget docs are all on there. That's a big deal, the deadline to have it completed is in 4 days.
Also taken was my bike duffel bag with a half dozen jerseys, and numerous bike shorts, socks, windbreakers, rainwear, and both of my helmet cams. (Tony Hawk and Oregon Scientific ATC2K) Most identifiable will be my Race Across Oregon finishers jersey. Not many of those around.

First bid on window replacement...........$1342
Looks like repairs and loss will total over $4000 :-(



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............24...............0.................24
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....566.....+.........0........=.......566
Year to date...2576.....+.........30.......=......2606
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.