Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A little tour of Oregon's agricultural variety

I took my bike with me to my meeting in Salem today. Post meeting the weather was reasonably nice, it looked like a perfect opportunity to ride. I didn't have time for a ride to Silver Creek Falls (and the long climb that entails!) but figured a ride to the Oregon Garden might be a nice trip.



It was a typical spring day in Oregon, a few showers around, a bit breezy from time to time, .........but daffodils blooming, trees blooming, deciduous plants pushing to leaf out, fresh air, snow on the distant mountains.....beautiful!



This was a route that flirts a bit with the Silverton Hills, but never quite gets there. There was just over 800 ft of total climbing in the ride that was just shy of 26 miles. That climbing was enough however to afford a reasonable view from time to time.





I didn't take the time or have the inclination to visit the Oregon Garden today but did note that in ten days they will be again hosting the Oregon Garden Brewfest. Last year a few of us cycled there to enjoy the event.

Today I just pedaled on by and continued to Silverton where I took the turn onto Silverton Rd and made my way back to Salem.

I dodged the showers that were playing around having only a few scattered drops fall on me. It was a good ride!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............26...............0.................26
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....395.....+.........0........=.......395
Year to date...2405.....+.........30.......=......2435
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.