Sunday, April 19, 2009

An absolutely gorgeous day!


Dave, Luis, and I met at the Rock Creek Tavern this morning to ride up Old Cornelius Pass Rd to Skyline then turned right and made our way to Newberry Rd for a fun descent to Hwy 30 and over the Sauvie Island bridge and onto the island to join a group of about 20 for a couple of laps.


After our laps we went back out to Hwy 30 and rode just over 6 miles out to Rocky Point Rd for a little hill climbing exercise back up to Skyline Rd. We even managed to talk Debra and Carol into joining us for this hill climbing adventure. We made our way to Rock Creek Rd for a nice downhill run to Old Cornelius Pass Rd and back to Rock Creek Tavern. It had been a warm day, and cold beers awaited!


We all had a good time!


tech question... does anyone know why this video doesn't include it's associated audio? The raw clip has audio and it plays on my computer just fine. When I upload it to the blog (or to YouTube) the audio disappears. I get audio on other people's posted clips just fine so I know my computer settings must be OK. YouTube help doesn't. :-(


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............53...............0.................53
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....521.....+.........0........=.......521
Year to date...2531.....+.........30.......=......2561
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem when uploading my helmetcam videos to YouTube - missing audio. (new helmetcam just arrived in the mail last week!)

    But I fixed the problem by converting the video to a different format: there was a page on YouTube that listed the recommended formats for best results.

    I converted using Quicktime. It takes the Pro version of Quicktime though, but I had bought it before anyway for work so I thought I'd give it a try with my helmet cam videos. I converted the video to an MP4 file using the H.264 video codec and AAC audio, and uploaded that to YouTube, and it worked great.

    I chose a really high video bitrate, and the video quality was just as good as the original file. So... if you have Quicktime Pro, that may be the ticket! Or something else that you can use to do conversion. There's some recommendations at http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744 on programs to use

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.