Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring in Oregon

Fresh snow quite low in the hills to the west this morning, blue sky and highs in the upper 60's by tomorrow in the valley. Welcome to Spring in Oregon! I swapped out my wheels this morning for my lighter and lower geared wheels in anticipation of tomorrow's Tour de van Oeste Portlandia.
My stock gearing is 12-25 9spd (w/ 56-43-30 triple crank) so going to an 11-27 is hardly a big move but I just as well have my lowest available option on the bike when climbing Brynwood Street! I've heard that sections reach 29%. I know it's steep enough that either the back wheel slips with each pedal stroke or the front wheel rises up.

The sky is starting to clear up. I'm hoping to get out for a short ride this afternoon. I'll update later.

Update:

I didn't get as long a ride as I had hoped for but did manage to get time to re-ride yesterday's hill workout. Sort of a primer for tomorrow! :-O

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............20...............0.................20
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total......20.....+.........0........=........40
Year to date...2012.....+.........30.......=......2042
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.