Friday, April 10, 2009

Wilsonville Century, preride



Dave, Paul, and I pre-road this weekend's Wilsonville Century route. It was Good Friday, and a good friday to ride. There was a predicted 30% chance of rain, but it was predicted to be the best day of the next 5.

Dave and I took a cue from the Oregon Randonneurs and rode to the ride, adding about 3 miles to the mapped 101 we were to ride.

Once again I recorded this on the Garmin and the data, map, and photos are here.

There was just over 4500 ft of total climbing. That surprised both Dave and I as we only noted one real climb. It was about 3 miles long located in the mid 30 mile section of our ride. The climb up Bird Rd was especially noticeable.

We didn't get a drop of rain on us today and the wind was almost nonexistent.
I averaged 15.4, acceptable for me this time of year.

When we finished up I immediately loaded the bike and headed north to Vancouver, WA where I joined a dozen folks to ride bikes and celebrate Kris' birthday. There as a short pre-ride that I did not arrive in time for, but I was in time for the pub pedal! 3 pubs and a total of 12 additional miles.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........116...............0................116
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....266.....+.........0........=.......266
Year to date...2276.....+.........30.......=......2306
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.