Saturday, April 26, 2008

We went for a bike ride and look what we found! Oregon Garden Brewfest!

It didn't take us long to figure out what to do there.


Dave called last night and informed me that the Oregon Garden was the site of a brew festival today and that maybe we should ride there and partake. A bike ride AND beer? I'm all over that. ;-)

I drove to the Oregon Garden early this morning and dropped my pickup off so we'd have a ride back after the event in case it was dark, or in case we were full of brew and brauts! I rode my bike back to near Wilsonville where I met Dave and Laura and we made our way back to Silverton and the Oregon Garden. Day's don't get much better than today. Sunny, light breeze (tail wind!) and 70 degrees! I averaged 17 mph to the meeting point, and we held better than 20 most of the way back to Silverton. It was a fun little warmup for tomorrow's Monster Cookie Metric Century, which I'm riding as a "double cookie", making two circuits of the route.

It would have been a nice day to rack up a few more miles,we were in the pancake flat area of the Willamette Valley and the weather was perfect, but we had to sample the brewer's offerings..... they went to all the work to bring it there. It wasn't a totally "non bikey" afternoon. Notice this coaster!

While there we took the opportunity to take a walk around the Oregon Garden. There has been a lot of improvements in the last few years, but there is still a ways to go before it gives any competition to Butchart Gardens. It was very much worth the trip however.




The plans are still coming together for tomorrow's Monster Cookie Metric Century. One of my Race Across Oregon teammates is bringing his daughter and the tandem. They are riding the route once, but there are a surprising number of folks planning on the unofficial "double cookie" option. Tomorrow should be a good day for a bike ride.

With the rain, snow, and hail of April I note that I'm am low on miles. Even with the the double cookie tomorrow I will not match what I rode last month. Oh well. Nicer weather is bound to be just around the corner. ;-)



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............44...............0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
YTD...........1645....+.......720....=.........2365

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.