Thursday, April 10, 2008

lack of motivation

I just couldn't get in gear today. There were a few showers around but as the day progressed it looked like we've finally turned the corner as far as weather goes. For some unknown reason I was cold all day. The outside temperature was in the low 50's but with the bit of breeze I just couldn't get myself to hop on the bike.

So instead I took off the brake pads and thoroughly cleaned them after last weekend's grit fest. I adjusted my front wheels bearings that had just a bit of slop in them. I was running low on chainlube so I followed a suggestion to make my own. (3 parts odorless mineral spirits, 1 part synthetic motor oil) Supposedly the mineral spirits thins the oil and works as a carrier to help the oil penetrate into the places you need it to be, then evaporates leaving just the oil. I'll give it a shot and let you know how I like it. It certainly is cheaper...... I made 1 gallon of the stuff for about $14. That should last me for awhile. Hope I like it! ;-)

Tomorrow I'll get on the bike for at least 40 miles. I've got my first century of the year coming up on Sunday and I'm 40 miles short of 2000 miles for the year. Those two facts along with the improving weather are good enough reasons to get back on the bike.

Hmmmm.....maybe I should ride back up to Brynwood St and give it another shot!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............0...............0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
YTD...........1240....+.......720....=.........1960

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.